Director (TP-II): is In-charge of this Department. Who coordinates and supervises all the activities of this Department.
• Town Planning Directorate , was constituted in the Budget of 1976.
• Town Planning Directorate-I & II were established in the Budget of 2007-08
• All proposed plans of buildings are being processed as per Building & Zoning Regulations 2008.
• In case of violation cases are being sent in the court of Senior Special (Judicial) Magistrate, FDA under the provision of the Punjab Development of Cities Act 1976 and Disposal of Land by Development Authorities (Regulations) Act 1998.
• Compoundable deviations are being dealt according to the Penalty Rules approved by the Governing Body of FDA in year 1997.
• Conversion cases are being processed as per Punjab Development Authorities land use Conversion (Classification Reclassification and Redevelopment) Rules 2009, dated 14-10-2009.
• Demolition cases are referred to demolition squad headed by Estate Officer, FDA under the control of D(EM-I).
• Preparation of Architectural Designs of F.D.A projects.
- To sanction building plans, including plans for residential commercial and industrial buildings, in accordance with the Building and Zoning Regulations-2008.
- To compound violations against approved plans/building regulations in accordance with the instructions, orders and policy in force, from time to time.
- To permit in cases of hardship, for reasons to be stated in writing, the payment of penalty, for composition of building violations, in installments over a period not exceeding six months.
- To sanction sub - division of plots, on payment of prescribed fees, in accordance with the instructions, orders and policy in force, from time to time.
- To exercise the powers vested in the Authority under Section 39 of the Punjab Development of Cities Act, 1976.
- To lodge complaints to the competent courts as provided in Section 34 of the Punjab Development of Cities Act, 1976.