Traffic Engineering & Transport Planning Agency
TEPA was established under Section 7(xvi) of the Punjab Development Cities Act.
- Following are some of the major functions of TEPA:
- Conducting traffic surveys and studies of city roads and parking lots.
- Preparation of improvement plans of traffic sticky areas such as roads, crossings and junctions.
- Preparation of Traffic Management Plan and putting in place an effective system of signage to facilitate the flow of traffic and road users.
- Devise and put in place a comprehensive and coordinated system of traffic signals.
- Provision of technical and professional assistance to other relevant development agencies.
- Any other activity that may be assigned to augment the traffic and transportation management system in the city.