Head/InchargeAsma Mohsin, Director Town Planning I
Town Planning Directorate-I was constituted in the Budget of 2021. The total sanctioned strength is 27 including officers/officials. Some of the posts are still vacant. This Directorate is dealing with the affairs of FDA Building Control of all FDA’s Developed Schemes. All proposed plans of buildings are being processed as per FDA Building & Zoning Regulations 2020. In case of violation, cases are being sent to the court of Senior Special (Judicial) Magistrate, FDA under the provision of the Punjab Development of Cities Act 1976. Compoundable deviations are being dealt with according to the Penalty Rules approved by the Governing Body of FDA from time to time. Conversion cases are being processed as per Punjab Development Authorities' land use Conversion (Classification, Reclassification, and Redevelopment) Rules 2021. Demolition cases are referred to the demolition squad headed by the Estate Officer, FDA under the control of the Director (EM-I). Preparation of Architectural Designs for FDA projects.
To sanction building plans, including plans for residential and commercial buildings, in accordance with the FDA Building and Zoning Regulations-2020.
- To compound violations against approved plans/building regulations in accordance with the instructions, orders, and policy in force, from time to time.
- To permit in cases of hardship, for reasons to be stated in writing, the payment of the penalty, for the composition of building violations, in installments over a period not exceeding six months.
- To sanction sub-division of plots, on payment of prescribed fees, in accordance with the instructions, orders, and policy in force, from time to time.
- To exercise the powers vested in the Authority under Section 39 of the Punjab Development of Cities Act, 1976.
- To lodge complaints to the competent courts under Section 34 of the Punjab Development of Cities Act, 1976.