Faisalabad Development Authority, Faisalabad was constituted under Punjab Development of Cities Act 1976 as a successor body to Lyallpur Improvement Trust (1966).
Faisalabad Development Authority (FDA) is a body responsible for undertaking and monitoring planned developments in the city of Faisalabad, in Punjab, Pakistan. The body acts as a regulatory authority for overseeing the construction of houses, commercial developments and residential areas in the city. It has three main wings Urban Development Wing, Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA), Traffic Engineering Planning Agency (TEPA). The office of the Faisalabad Development Authority is situated on the Railway Station square at the intersection of Mall Road and Circular Road.
Main Functions of the Authority are as Under
- Planning and Development
- Maintain water supply, sewerage and drainage system
- Maintain Building Controls and Building Regulations
- Establish New Agencies
- Establishment of Fruits Parks in FDA City
- Establishment of FDA own Nurseries for plantation in FDA City.
- Recovery of outstanding dues (installments, development charges, C.V.T
- Recovery of Rs.1.5 Billion in One-year (highest amount in history).
- Installation of streetlights at main boulevard 202 ft.
- Remodeling / beautification of main gate / entrance of FDA City.
- Shifting of electricity supply of PMU office at solar energy.
- WASA FDA
- TEPA FDA