The Government may establish an Authority for the city (Faisalabad) to which this Act has been applied/ declared under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Punjab Development of Cities Act , 1976 (XI of 1976). The composition of the authority/body is as under:-
· The Authority shall consist of the Chairman who shall be the Chief Minister or any other person nominated by him, and the following members: -
a) Three members, including one-woman member, of Provincial Assembly of the Punjab to be nominated by the Government.
c) Chairman Planning and Development Board or his representative not below the rank of Additional Secretary.
d) Secretary to Government, Finance Department or his representative not below the rank of Additional Secretary.
e) Secretary to Government, Housing, Urban Development and Public Health Engineering Department or his representative not below the rank of Additional Secretary.
f) Secretary to Government, Local Government and Community Development Department or his representative not below the rank of Additional Secretary.
h) Deputy Commissioner.
i) Director General.
j) All Managing Directors.
k) Two technical experts to be nominated by the Government.
· The Government may, by notification, alter, increase or decrease the membership of the Authority.
· No act or proceedings of the Authority shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy in, or defect in, the constitution of the Authority.
· The Government may designate one or more members of the Authority as Vice Chairman.
· A Vice Chairman shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Authority
. Note*:Currently The Government of Punjab de-notified the members of the authority vide notification No.SO(UD)4-11/2018 dated 26.01.2023